Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The Buyside Code

TIBURON, California (TC) -- Good afternoon Voldy Morts. Today, the question is: What is this Buyside Code you're writing about in your new book, TC?

The book, Actionable & LARGE: Stocks Guru Cracks Buyside Code, is intended as a way -- 10 ways in fact -- to succeed in a world of conniving money merchants and feisty financiers. (More on this theme at ThomCalandra.com)

Now, I'm no Stephen King. Or N.N. Taleb. But after 25 years in the world of financial reporting, and my shmacka-da-bum comeuppance that I regard as the best thing ever to happen to me in my professional life (THE SEC), I have The Information (apologies to musician Beck).

The book is in process, as they say. It's a corker that it is consuming my free time. Say goodbye Strawberry Pool (oh say it ain't so!).

But I thought I would use today to say that I am going to give you Voldy Morts a sneak peek at 10 or so paragraphs toward the start of the book. It is a real-time and evolving example of how the Buyside Code works in the stock market. (It works in life too, I am told! Sweet Little 16 and all that.)

The real-time idea here is to show you one example that I have been following and developing for three or so years, a small maker of WiMAX equipment. In other words, a fledgling telecom that is dirt cheap and that I would have to see double to get even 75 percent of my money back.

The example, AIRN, or Airspan Networks, will show how to stick with a good company through bad times, and especially: HOW TO CRACK THE BUYSIDE CODE. It's right from the book, and as for full disclosure, yes I own it and I am not selling it if it goes down a buck or up two bucks.

More tomorrow on how to crack the code and get actionable & LARGE. And yes, I apologize in advance for sounding promotional. I get nothing out of this except the satisfaction of seeing us all learn something, and smile, and one hopes, prosper.

GOOD DAY, VOLDY MORTS.

-- THOMCALANDRA.COM


No comments: